dmd goes epic

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Apr 15 12:28:50 PDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:50:26 -0500
1100110 <0b1100110 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Because apparently we're not allowed to find the browser UI changes
> > to be anything less than objectively stellar improvements. (Think
> > I'm exaggerating? Just try raising any objections to any browser UI
> > changes to them or even suggesting that they be optional, and just
> > see how people react.)
> >

> Because that's just how people are.

True. Still annoying though :/

> Take a look at the Thread that
> spawned from the std.process vote.
>
> One person tried to start a conversation about allocations in Phobos,
> and maybe it would be good to avoid them whenever possible.
>
> And bless his heart he eventually succeeded.  Eventually.  After
> cursing a few times because people were obviously not reading (or
> thinking!) about his responses.

Yea, I did find it a little odd how much the "Dudes, std.process was
just one initial *example*!" kept getting ignored. (I don't mean that
as an attack on anyone at all, of course.)

> Another example?  Gnome 3.  Nothing more needs to be said about that.

Heh heh. Kinda strange though how Gnome basically decided to do what
*already* handn't worked out great for KDE: "Let's throw half
of everything away and replace it with what basically nobody is
asking for". Win8 did the same, too. Seems to be infectious ;)