DConf 2013 official car/room sharing thread

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Apr 18 23:51:19 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-18 19:04, Walter Bright wrote:

> It's far too dangerous to commute by bike in Seattle. The streets are
> winding and narrow. I tried it briefly, but it wasn't worth it.

I would say that what's making the traffic dangerous here in Stockholm
is the biker. It's very often they don't care about the traffic rules
and laws. They running red lights, they run up on the sidewalk to cut
corners and avoid red lights. In Sweden, by law, vehicles have to stop
for pedestrians about to cross a crosswalk without lights. I have never
in my life seen a bike do that.

--
/Jacob Carlborg