DIP 36: Rvalue References

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 20 07:42:56 PDT 2013

> Yes, this temp ref issue is far more important than the ref
> safety issue I've been concerning myself with. I wouldn't mind
> if the objections I've brought up fall in favor of whatever it
> takes to get temp ref solved. ref safety is important, but it's
> nowhere near the shear *annoyingness* factor of rvalue temp
> refs.
That is true, but it makes the impression that, with the
exception of Kenji, none of the core developers is interested in
a solution to this problem.
The DIP was not much discussed and the pull request is regularly
overlooked / ignored.
Also in the discussion on the pull request no comments for Walter
or Andrei are found. Although the pull is complete and has passed
all the tests and would be ready to merge.
Also this thread is completely ignored even though both write in
this forum regularly and participate in other discussions.
To me this makes the impression that they were not interested in
this problem (or in our solution to the problem). Either they
want the problem does not solve or try to solve it in their own
way and that can take a very long time.
At least an annotation what of both is the case or if I see it
completely wrong, would be polite.

> But someone besides me would need to evaluate both DIP 35 & 36
> to see if there were any real conflicts there.
Yes that would be good.