DIP 36: Rvalue References

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 20 08:39:41 PDT 2013

> Listen, this issue is very real, but it is mostly about
> performance. I'll tell you something : the best performance
> improvement is the one that bring your program from non working
> state to working one. And right now, many existing feature are
> broken.
>
> The let's add whatever feature we have in mind is the very
> cause of the state of the language right now.

As far as I remember, you were in favor of the introduction of
the feature "attribute inference for auto functions". Also a new
feature but none that would solve problems which are discussed
since more than a year.
Furthermore this issue should be solved with the introduction of
"auto ref" (AFAIK introduced with dmd 2.035?). So this is not
like "add whatever feature" but rather "fix an issue, that is
often discussed and annoys many people".