Stable D version?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 16:33:25 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 21 April 2013 at 19:58:14 UTC, Tourist wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been following the forums for a while. I'm interested in
> looking into D, but I understand that currently it changes
> often, and is not very reliable.
> I've also read that there's a new release model planned, where
> a stable version of the language is released every year or two.
> Is that so? When would it take place?
>
> What's holding you from releasing a version now and declaring
> it stable for e.g. a year?

The year long support is not going to be put in place at this
time. Several took issue with that plan considering it to provide
limited/no benefit.

The core dev team is currently getting use to using a staging
branch to prepare a release.

Eventually we may see a release get patched up until the point of
the next release, but this has not yet been adopted by the core
team or those writing patches. Having a clear understanding of
what goes where has been a big point of discussion which again no
one could agree on the specifics.