Stable D version?

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:35:55 PDT 2013

I started a project a month ago, and for the moment my feeling is
just: D can already be used as it. It's not "finished" but the
state is stable enough I think.

The compiler is not perfect (not always really explicit messages,
not able to compile for all architecture like ARM,...), but a lot
of things can already be done.

I made few games on Nintendo DS console, with a pretty old gcc
version on which it wasn't recommended to develop in C++ due to
the lack of support of some core feature of language. Now I can
just find D more advanced.

C++11 and C++14 aren't really interesting for me, just cause of
lack of support of some compilers like Visual Studio, it really
can be the hell to realize portable applications (iOS, Android,
Windows, Mac OS X, gcc, clang, cl,...). Without talking of
template meta programming that are pretty hard to compile on
different compilers.
Because D is pretty well specified, you will never loose your
time with compilers flags, missing features on a platform or
macro issues before an include,...

I was surprise how it's easy to progress in D just because it's
fast to build and test. There is also a lot of advanced features
like __traits,... that are directly in the core of language/std
lib.

Any IDE support D perfectly but Visual D and MonoD are just good
enough for starting.