rvalue references

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Apr 23 11:00:35 PDT 2013

On 4/23/13 1:53 PM, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 17:15:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> DIP36 should be closed. We must focus on making ref safe and on making
>> auto ref work with non-templates.
>
> It is marked as such already, since the very moment you have stated your
> opinion.

I'd feel uncomfortable wielding this much power. I don't think this DIP
was ready for a formal review (hence there should be no rejecting it
yet), but there has been good discussion and experimental implementation
as well. I suggest we keep it in draft format. If our attempts at
working on ref/auto ref fail, we should revisit this.

Andrei