rvalue references

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Apr 23 14:13:03 PDT 2013

> On 4/23/13 4:24 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> On 04/23/2013 07:15 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>>> The justification is that unsafe uses of ref are few and uninteresting
>>> (they can be replaced with pointers).
>>
>> I don't get this. Uses cannot be "unsafe". They are either correct or
>> wrong.
>
> Unfortunately the safe/unsafe and correct/wrong sets don't overlap
> perfectly.

I now see what you mean.

(It is important to keep in mind that only the latter sets are an
intrinsic property of the use. The first ones depend on the implemented
solution. Hence, in order to be able to provide the above justification,
an appropriate efficient safe/unsafe classification scheme must be
devised first.)