Stable D version?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Tue Apr 23 14:15:58 PDT 2013

Am 23.04.2013 22:21, schrieb eles:
> On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 18:57:46 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 4/23/13 2:42 PM, eles wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 14:26:33 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> I was mainly referring to the fact that C++ succeeded in spite of
>> having initially an incomplete specification. Nowadays the
>> expectations are much higher.
>>
>> Andrei
>
> As long as you keep changing the language, no specification will ever be
> complete.
>
> C++ will long advance. D must be out and living before C++14. Then, it
> will be too late. My view.

C++ was created around 1985, that is 28 years as of today.

I remember going through the ARM (Annotated Reference Manual) around
1995 and not finding a C++ compiler that was able to compile all examples.

Following "The C Users Journal", shortly thereafter renamed "The C/C++
Users Journal" and "C++ Report" and seeing the language change each
month, with each C++ compiler offering a different view what the
language meant.

C++ will be with us for many years to come, but you should not forget
that it has a few years in the industry already, and as I mentioned in a
separate post, systems programming languages require support from OS
vendors.

As a supporter for stronger typed languages I look forward not only D,
but Rust and Go as well, even with its issues, to gain wider support,
but it takes time.

--
Paulo