Stable D version?

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 14:21:56 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 20:21:55 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 18:57:46 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> On 4/23/13 2:42 PM, eles wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, 23 April 2013 at 14:26:33 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> I was mainly referring to the fact that C++ succeeded in spite
>> of having initially an incomplete specification. Nowadays the
>> expectations are much higher.
>>
>> Andrei
>
> As long as you keep changing the language, no specification
> will ever be complete.
>
> C++ will long advance. D must be out and living before C++14.
> Then, it will be too late. My view.

I don't see on what C++14 will really change the current state of
C++? Changes aren't import for every day developments, C++14,
won't import fast build, safe language specifications (removal of
multiple inheritance, no removal of error prone syntaxes,
specified initialization values, mandatory override keyword,
...),...

D don't have to compete C++, let D maturate.

If you are hurry to see D in the industry maybe you can
contribute on tools, libraries,...