rvalue references

Zach the Mystic reachzach at gggggmail.com
Tue Apr 23 23:54:09 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 24 April 2013 at 02:56:42 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> So, probably the best route at this point is to come up with a
> new attribute
> which is replace with ref in the function definition and

When you say "replace with ref", does that mean 'ref' won't
appear in the common case?

ref T fc(scope int a) {}

The problem would be that 'scope' would behave differently,
implying 'ref' with a value type, from with a reference type, in
which it shouldn't imply 'ref'. I don't know if it makes sense to
automatically promote the meaning of 'scope' to include 'ref' for
value types while leaving it alone for reference types. This was
objected to by others, but if it were provably harmless to allow,
it would be an appearance improvement.