D folk in London 2013-05-28

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Apr 24 13:54:08 PDT 2013

Am 24.04.2013 22:27, schrieb Russel Winder:
> On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 21:16 +0200, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> Am 24.04.2013 20:55, schrieb Russel Winder:
>>> I will be doing an "In the Brain" session at Skills Matter 2013-05-28
>>> 18:30+01:00:
>>>
>>> 	Are Go and D threats to Python?
>>>
>>> http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/nosql/are-go-and-d-threats-to-python/mh-7066
>>> http://www.meetup.com/skillsmatter/events/115928192/confirm/
>>>
>>> Anyone in London at that time is most welcome to come and heckle.
>>>

>> What about Julia? :)
>
> I will add that if you insist ;-)

I already saw a few of your recorded talks and they are quite
interesting. Sadly I am located in Düsseldorf.

As for Julia, I just gave the hint, because from the videos they have
available on their site, the language seems to already beat CPython and
many in the scientific community are busy porting their R and Python
code to Julia.

Then again, this might be just Julia PR.

--
Paulo