D folk in London 2013-05-28

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Apr 25 00:57:52 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 22:54 +0200, Paulo Pinto wrote:
[…]
> I already saw a few of your recorded talks and they are quite
> interesting. Sadly I am located in Düsseldorf.

Thanks. Skills Matter are good at videoing and posting, I never watch
them myself, too embarrassing to see all the errors!

> As for Julia, I just gave the hint, because from the videos they have
> available on their site, the language seems to already beat CPython and
> many in the scientific community are busy porting their R and Python
> code to Julia.
>
> Then again, this might be just Julia PR.

I pull HEAD each morning and build. Julia is likely an R beater. This
then threatens SciPy.

CPython is not the future of Python, PyPy is once it gets Python 3
compliance.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk