vibe.d in techempower web framework benchmark

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 02:03:17 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 25 April 2013 at 07:06:45 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> I have been discussing with the author of techempower web
> framework benchmark. He ended asking me a pull request to
> integrate vibe.d .
>
> See :
> http://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/
>
> The instruction to create a pull request are here :
> https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks
>
> I don't have much time right now, so if someone want to do it,
> that would be awesome. If nobody volunteer, I'll do it, but I
> clearly lack time right now. I also lack knowledge about how to
> get the best out of vibe.d and risk to propose an under
> performant pull request.
>
> vibe.d perform very well in many situation, so I think this is
> a good opportunity to demonstrate what we have and do some
> advertisement for D.

I'll try to make one in nearby time. Quite worried about "the
current tests exercise the frameworks JSON seralization and
object-relational model" though, application level utilities have
not been performance priority in vibe.d and such tests severely
limit performance capabilities by tying them to inherently slow
processing bottleneck. (I'd expect to see both DB access and JSON
serialization cached in process memory for real
performance-critical web apps, those a re just too slow)