Array void init

"Luís "Luís
Fri Apr 26 22:26:34 PDT 2013

On Friday, 26 April 2013 at 17:58:04 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> Why would you ever want this? I can't even think of a
> hypothetical use case.

The questions started as academic, motivated by the apparent lack
of orthogonality. As far as a practical scenario, right now this
is the best I can come up with:

     // emulator, ROM and RAM accessible from the same bus (von
Neumann)
     byte[1024] romAndRam = [0x42, 0x77, 0xAF, 0x44, void];

(this relies also on eles' suggestion, the void is assumed for
the remaining elements -- the RAM part).

I'm not saying that this should be supported. I was asking if
something like this should be :-)