ARM targetting cross-toolchain with GDC

Timofei Bolshakoc tbolsh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:40:32 PDT 2013

I was able to compile DGC to the Hello, World status for ARM
using crosstools-ng 1.18 eglibc. uclibc would not work, it lack
some of the functions in the library, context switching. There
are several places I cheat ( to get Hello, World! ). Please
advise:

../gcc-4.7.2/libphobos/libdruntime/core/sys/posix/ucontext.d:274:
Error: static assert  "Not implemented"

../gcc-4.7.2/libphobos/libdruntime/core/thread.d:3409: Error:
static assert  "Not implemented"

../gcc-4.7.2/libphobos/libdruntime/core/thread.d:4237: Error:
static assert  "Not implemented"

I simply commented static asserts - and I do not think it will
fly with any real multi threading program. All the places
consider context switching and assembly-level register
manipulation. Can somebody help me with that?