GDC and GCC. Merging 4.9 but cannot understand something

Larry deco33 at hotmail.fr
Thu Aug 1 08:04:26 PDT 2013

Thank you !

Yes it is illuminating :)

So to sum up : when D devs say "We will merge with gcc" I should
understand -> "We will bring our own interface to gcc, so that
people installing gcc install D frontend as well".

The current main work is to adapt the D framework (gdc alone) to
gcc to make it appliable with gcc rules.

Yes it is definitely clear it will help the D language.
At least, on debian for those using Sid (I will next week :) )

I get it right ?

Many many thanks to all of you guys, you rock taking your time
explaining such things to a noob :)

See you,

Larry