Component programming

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Thu Aug 1 14:40:21 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 1 August 2013 at 07:23:42 UTC, Meta wrote:
> The one thing that confused me at first when I read Walter's
> article was that I thought he was talking about the *other*
> component programming, a method commonly used by game
> developers to avoid deep class hierarchies.
>
> http://gameprogrammingpatterns.com/component.html

"Component programing" is kind of a crowded term in programming
which means a lot of different things to different people.
Digital Mars should trademark a new term for it like Ultra Stream
Processing™.

Steven Schveighoffer may object to the use of the word "stream"
without a read/write interface though :P.