[OT] Engine braking

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 14:58:22 PDT 2013

 > you destroyed the myth that engine braking is any bad, but I bet money
 > nobody changed opinions.

You owe Adam a dollar! :)

I have been engine braking since the day I started driving. Then I
started following the AudiWorld forums, where I learned that "brakes
were for stopping and the engine was for going." There were a lot of
anecdotes told.

Anyway, I am consciously readjusting to engine braking again after
reading this thread.

Ali

[OT OT] While I have the microphone, let me rant about automatic
transmissions: They are undrivable for me because they are not
responsive and because they never know that the imminent road condition
requires shifting down, now. Every time I have to drive an automatic I
have to try to soothe myself. :)