alias this doesn't work for properties.

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 19:33:24 PDT 2013

On Friday, 2 August 2013 at 01:55:35 UTC, JS wrote:
> Anyways, this isn't headed anywhere... It's easy to sit back
> and try to analyze the situation without having ran into the
> problem directly.

Is it not headed anywhere? Are you not learning the design
choices of D and why those choices where chosen over others? Are
you not learning the limitations that will be placed on you so
that in the future you can select a design which matches those
limitations?

D has many flaws and it is missing polish in many places. You've
been putting CTFE and other features through their pases, yet
instead of feeling that your are learning something you feel that
it "isn't headed anywhere?"

There is much bickering about what properties are, but one thing
we know is they can not act exactly like fields. So you're
expectations are off here, and I too am disappointed.