Updates to the WindowsAPI translation instructions; D2 only?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Aug 1 22:41:14 PDT 2013

> Regardless, the biggest gain by far will be being able to ditch support for XP
> and require at least Vista. As bad as Vista was, it had some major
> improvements to the Win32 API (like adding a proper condition variable).

As a practical matter, we do not test on XP, and so it is disingenuous to claim
official support for it.

I suggest saying we "officially" support Win7 or later, and unofficially support
versions back to XP. Unofficially means there's code there to support it, and we
accept pull requests to fix bugs in it, we will try not to break it, but we
don't test or guarantee that it'll work.

It's like how we "support" Solaris and a VC-built dmd.