[OT] Engine braking

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:50:45 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 1 August 2013 at 22:10:07 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> My hopes are with fusion. Specifically ITER. My research is on
> diagnostics/data analysis for tokamaks, working with the guys
> at Culham, UK (MAST and JET). They are cautiously optimistic.

When you read about fusion energy, you *can't* not be optimistic
about it. At times though, it feels like its *such* a
technological and *financial* hurdle, that the question is more
like "Will we have mastered this technology before gas prices get
so high a global recession will prevent us from ever financing
the research?"