Updates to the WindowsAPI translation instructions; D2 only?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Aug 2 01:47:16 PDT 2013

On Friday, August 02, 2013 01:27:11 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/2/2013 12:50 AM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > Well, if you want to do that, I'm not against it. I'd actually like to
> > make
> > some changes to std.datetime which require Vista or later, so being able
> > not bother with XP would be nice (though I've managed to work around the
> > problems caused by not having the newer Win32 functions from Vista).
>
> Is it possible to test at runtime if those newer functions are available,
> use them if so, and a workaround if not?

I'm not sure. Possibly. Given that we previously had code that checked the
version of Windows and used the A functions if it was running on Windows 9x,
there's probably a decent chance that something similar could be done with the
Vista vs pre-Vista time functions. I'm not sure that it would be worth the
extra complication though. What's there works. It's just not quite as clean as
it would be otherwise.

- Jonathan M Davis