D component programming is a joke (Was: Re: Component programming)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Aug 2 15:02:24 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 10:49:00PM -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/1/2013 10:24 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >Once this last bit worked, though, everything fell into place quickly.
> >After all unittests were passing, no more bugs were found!! The program
> >can print beautifully laid out calendars with no problems whatsoever.
> >I'm so in love with D right now... If I'd done this exercise in C or
> >C++, I'd be spending the next 2 days debugging before I could present
> >the code for the world to see. D ranges and unittest blocks are t3h
> >k00l.
>
> I think this is awesome, and this + your previous post are
> sufficient to create a great article!

OK, here's a draft of the article:

	http://wiki.dlang.org/User:Quickfur/Component_programming_with_ranges

It looks like I may have to sort out some issues with compiler bugs
before officially posting this article, though, since the code
apparently fails to compile with many versions of DMD. :-(

Живёшь только однажды.