Correct forum for discussing documentation issues?

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 05:22:47 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 3 August 2013 at 11:22:42 UTC, Andre Artus wrote:
> I'm not sure that I am explaining this properly as it seems
> that at least 2 different people were under the impression I
> was making a point quite different from the one I was trying to
> make.

I understand. It seems that there are two "ways" that a static
import declaration can be produced in the grammar.

I'm not sure if it counts as a bug, or just a redundant
production (but then, where are the redundant productions for
"public import" etc.?)

I'm not an expert on formal grammar specifications, so I don't
know if redundant productions are okay or not. I'm also never
sure where you draw the line between parsing and semantic
analysis (the grammar allows "override import", is that okay?).
I'm guessing you would formally say that the grammar is ambiguous
at the production level, but non-ambiguous after semantic
analysis.

So, I think you're right, but I don't know if it's a bug or not.