Ironclad C++

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Aug 4 09:18:47 PDT 2013

Timon Gehr:

> Off the top of my head:

Thank you.

Is it right to add 'inout' the list of D2 features that will be
deprecated and later removed?

There are "simple" features, like a support for structurally
typed tuples, that maybe can be designed well enough with the
traditional method. But perhaps when we/you want to modify/add
something in the D type system it's better to first find a person
able to write down a formal proof of soundness of the idea, and
only later decide if it's worth implementing. I am starting to
think that to design type system features sometimes you need
formal mathematics, otherwise you build a Swiss cheese.

Bye,
bearophile