Network server design question

Marek Janukowicz marek at janukowicz.net
Sun Aug 4 13:38:53 PDT 2013

John Colvin wrote:
> Take a look at how vibe.d approaches the problem:
> http://vibed.org/

Vibe.d uses fibers, which I don't find feasible for my particular
application for a number of reasons:
- I have constant number of ever-connected clients, not an ever-changing
number of random clients
- after I read and parse a request there is not much room for yielding
during processing (I don't do I/O or database calls, I have an in-memory
"database" for performance reasons)
- event-based programming generally looks complicated to me and (for the
reason mentioned above) I don't see much point in utilizing it in this case

--
Marek Janukowicz