Network server design question

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Mon Aug 5 02:54:19 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-04 19:38:49 +0000, Marek Janukowicz said:

> If anyone has any idea how to handle the problems I mentioned or has any
> idea for more suitable design I would be happy to hear it. It's also
> possible I'm approaching the issue from completely wrong direction, so you
> can correct me on that as well.

Hi, I would take a look at the BEEP protocol idea and there at the
Vortex library [1] it deals with everything you need. The idea of BEEP
is, that you don't have to care about all the network pitfalls since
these are always the same. Instead you can concentrate on your
application level design. Where the time is spent much more valuable.

The lib is written in C and works very good. It's matured and
multi-threaded to allow for maximum transfers.

[1] http://www.aspl.es/vortex/

--
Robert M. Münch
Saphirion AG