Static unittests?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Aug 5 11:21:35 PDT 2013

On Monday, 5 August 2013 at 17:38:22 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
> So sure, I guess that strictly speaking, no, D language doesn't
> have static unittests. However, when someone asks the question,
> if you just answer "No" without pointing out that the language
> allows this semantic:
>
> version(unittest) assertCTFEAble!({
>     //YOUR CODE HERE
> });
>
> Then I believe you are giving an incomplete answer.

Well, the problem is, D does have static unit-tests in a form of
`static assert`. But topic starter has immediately provided an
example that shows that his understanding of "static unit-tests"
is different one, making it pretty hard to reason about proper
alternative.

Even assertCTFEAble does not _exactly_ match what was asked here.
Thus I feel the need to first ask about specific use case and
only then propose any real solutions.

So, yes, of course, it is incomplete - because question is
incomplete and requires further clarification. Which is the main
point.