Evangelizing Your Cool Product

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:03:50 PDT 2013

On Monday, 5 August 2013 at 21:51:56 UTC, Gambler wrote:
> On 8/5/2013 3:44 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Throwing code up on github isn't good enough.
>
> On a related note, I almost never hear about D projects on
> Hacker News.
> It's a good place for language promition. Heck, even vanilla
> github
> project get up-voted there if they have some kind of cool
> factor to them.

It seems that the D community has been getting better in regards
to writing about why it's such a great language, but most of the
stuff I've seen on Hacker News/Reddit is from a select few, i.e.,
Walter, Andrei, a scattering of a few other people... Hopefully,
though, the recent "call to arms" for article writing will
facilitate an influx of publicity for D.