Compiling DMD with C++11

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Aug 7 01:18:24 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 6 August 2013 at 22:58:21 UTC, Andre Artus wrote:
> Okay. I already changed those in my copy.
> Just out of interest: what would be an acceptable name to
> change 'strtold' to?

strtold is a C standard library function, but due to the
portability problems the actual compiler code should use
Port::strtold:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/src/root/port.h#L59
(OTOH, some backend/* code might pull it in directly, though).

As for what name to use for the internal implementation of
Port::strtold on MSVC, you can pretty much pick whatever you
like, as it shouldn't affect any other code.

David