Phobos and older DMD versions

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 11:37:19 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 6 August 2013 at 22:23:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I think it should be fair to require the new compiler with the
> new stdlib. They are released in unison.
>
> Andrei

I agree, but there is at least potential benefits from choosing
previous compiler version. If a change in compiler requires a
change in Phobos/druntime it also means a change in user code (at
least I don't see why it wouldn't).

It would just be an extra layer to make upgrading from one
compiler to another less likely to have unintended breaking
changes. But this would be minor in comparison to the other steps
which have been taken.