Phobos and older DMD versions

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 17:05:22 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 at 19:13:13 UTC, Andre Artus wrote:
> You should be able to run side-by-side installations of
> dmd+phobos, at least that is how I do it. One latest stable,
> one built from GitHub source.

That isn't related to what I'm trying to describe.

     dmd2.063 program.d

     dmd2.064-head program.d

If Phobos2.064-head does not compile with dmd2.063, it increases
how likely program.d will not compile with the new dmd. This is a
very loose relation making its value very minimal.

Another positive of this working is that after updating your code
for the new compiler one could keep the updates in the source and
switch to the previous release if it doesn't work out.