parseJSON bug

David d at dav1d.de
Thu Aug 8 14:40:45 PDT 2013

Am 08.08.2013 22:15, schrieb Tofu Ninja:
> On Thursday, 8 August 2013 at 18:31:52 UTC, David wrote:
>>>
>>> Phobos needs a new dictator.
>>
>> Either that, or I will soon start my own standard lib and stop caring
>> about phobos. I think, I even know a few who would help me...
>
> It is really bad that people are actually talking about starting there
> own standard lib, I wasn't around for the whole phobos vs tango thing
> but from what I hear, it wasn't pretty. If there is problems with phobos
> or the way its managed, I feel like we should try and fix them and not
> try to replace it.

phobos is actually useable, still I don't like many of its design
choices. I feel the same with D. D itself is better than most languages,
I still think there is a long way to go, but "official" D people seem
like it's enough and block progress (e.g. @property/-property the whole
situation is a mess, but instead of properly reimplementing it, they try
to fix an already broken system and break code with it, why not break
code once, but replace it with a proper system)