parseJSON bug

David d at dav1d.de
Thu Aug 8 16:06:12 PDT 2013

Am 09.08.2013 00:19, schrieb Johannes Pfau:
> Am Thu, 08 Aug 2013 22:15:28 +0200
> schrieb "Tofu Ninja" <emmons0 at purdue.edu>:

>>> Either that, or I will soon start my own standard lib and stop
>>> caring
>>> about phobos. I think, I even know a few who would help me...
>>
>> It is really bad that people are actually talking about starting
>> there own standard lib, I wasn't around for the whole phobos vs
>> tango thing but from what I hear, it wasn't pretty. If there is
>> problems with phobos or the way its managed, I feel like we
>> should try and fix them and not try to replace it.
>
> I'm sorry that you've had such bad experiences when contributing to
> phobos. I think this is less of a phobos than a std.json problem. I'd
> like to explain the special issue we have with std.json - as far as I
> understand it:

I think the problem is, people are afraid that changes will hurt D. The
mentallity to improve D and make it awsome is lost (at least if feels
like it), now all what is left "WE NEED TO MAKE D PRODUCTION
READY!!!1111111 COMPANIES USE D!!!!1111" which makes sense, but one
shouldn't forget why D was "invented", to improve the programming
situation and craft a language which is superior to all others and which
allows to write simple clean but yet powerful code!