UFCS for templates

JS js.mdnq at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 20:29:05 PDT 2013

On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 00:57:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 00:34:31 UTC, JS wrote:
>
>> Are you not smart enough to come up with use cases yourself?
>> This is not some extremely rare thing that might be used 1 in
>> 10^100.
>
> It's not his proposal. The burden of proof is on you.

Um, not really... Do you think that god made some law that
requires me to? If he, you, or anyone else doesn't think such a
feature is a good idea then so be it... It' not my problem is you
want the D language to suffer. At some point something better
will come with better features and D will succumb and all the
time you invested will be a waste.

I would think that if you really cared about the D lang you would
want it to be the best it can...

In any case, I know very well that it is quite useless for me to
make suggestions for D... but I'm definitely not going to sit
here and type up use cases because you are too lazy, don't have
the foresight, or don't care to think about the issue. The fact
is, I'm most likely not going to be able to convince you to
accept anything I say because:

1. Something only useful to you is acceptable. You don't find
this useful because you haven't used this construct, hence it is
not acceptable. (This is generally known as close minded)

2. Generally things I "propose" are simplifications of semantics.
I like to work efficiently. My proposes can be accomplished long
hand... and for you, that is good enough... Either because you do
not use such semantics and hence get tired of the inefficiency or
don't like simplifications because you inanely feel they take
away from the language by adding too much "overhead"(in some form
or another).

So it is what it is. Take it or leave it. I've given the
proposal, in maybe 10 years D will probably get around to having
it... if it's still around at all.