Anything up for formal review?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Aug 9 07:06:49 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 01:03:25PM +0400, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> 09-Aug-2013 04:53, Tyler Jameson Little пишет:
[...]
> >I'm particularly interested in the outcome of the formal review of
> >std.serialize, because I'd like to see a decent replacement for
> >std.json (I'd be willing to contribute as well).
>
> Then you would need to design a new std.json or land a hand in such
> a project.

I'd like to pitch in to a new std.json, if I can.

[...]
> >I havn't seen anything in this mailing list (except the above and one
> >by Walter Bright) for a while, and I haven't seen any pull requests
> >for any of the items in the review queue.
>
> Well previously reviewed std.uni got pulled recently. Things are
> moving but slooowly.
[...]

It was sitting on Phobos pull requests list, all green and good to go,
but nobody paid any attention to it for weeks (if not months). I got fed
up recently and decided to be the bad guy to prod some people to do
something about it, and finally somebody saw fit to merge it.

I think we need more people, and I mean a LOT more people, going through
the Phobos pull requests list and reviewing the code. You don't have to
be a committer to do it (I'm not); you just need to look over the code,
comment on any issues you think might be relevant, or say "looks good to
me". With 90+ requests in the queue and core devs who appear to be
rather busy with other things, manpower is running low. It would help a
LOT if more people chimed in and reviewed the pull requests so that the
core devs don't feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of them.

Give me some fresh salted fish, please.