Is there an equivalent of Rust owned pointer in D?

Tobias Pankrath tobias at pankrath.net
Fri Aug 9 12:05:23 PDT 2013

On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 18:16:57 UTC, Ruslan Mullakhmetov
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 August 2013 at 16:32:43 UTC, Nick Treleaven wrote:
>> On 06/08/2013 06:26, Elvis wrote:
>>> Owned pointer in Rust is a good design IMO, how about D
>>> equivalent?
>>
>> I think this is about the closest ATM:
>> http://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html#.Unique
>
> would be good to have it as language feature like scoped
> reference. this clear code (as from c++11 experience abundant
> std::unique_ptr<T> get me irritated). And of course unique
> idiom  (ownership) get D usable for realtime (removed GC)

While I'm convinced that unique pointers / types are a important
concept, especially if combined with immutable. (What's
transitive unique/immutable can be cast to immutable .. ), I
don't think that just adding a new type modifier will lead D
anywhere.