Request for editor scripting help

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 17:42:45 PDT 2013

On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 21:47:33 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
> I wrote the Vim script for your Dscanner, so it shouldn't be a
> problem to copy it and convert ti to use DCD.
>
> But before I do that, I need you to implement a very important
> functionality that Dscanner has - the ability to take input
> from SDTIN. Without this, we would have to save the source file
> before we can query it - and saving the file is not something
> an autocompletion feature should do...

That was one of the several things that I have planned that I
hadn't gotten to yet. It's on Github now.

> It would also be nice to be able to trick DCD into thinking
> that the data it got from STDIN is actually the content of the
> unsaved source file. I don't think it should affect the results
> now, but it might have impact on features you will add in the
> future, and I think all editors should support it before those
> new features come out.

Right now the file name wouldn't change anything. When it does,
I'll add an option for it.

> Anyways, I think such a project should be integrated with a
> build system, so it could take the import information(and maybe
> some other data) from there.

Which one? I'd rather have the editor integration module figure
that out and pass the correct -I options.