working on the dlang.org website

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 13:32:55 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 10 August 2013 at 18:22:53 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 August 2013 at 17:29:40 UTC, Ruslan
> Mullakhmetov wrote:
>> (2) Flashing and slow responses are annoying but not so
>> crucial (as from my experience), thought somebody waits for up
>> to 7 seconds to load web page - agree, that should be fixed,
>> but again, i do not have such problem or didn't noticed (why?).
>
> This was mitigated somewhat by some updates to hyphenate.js and
> the Jump To generation that were made.  Now it's just slow.
> The larger the page the longer it takes so it's most noticeable
> on big pages (I used the changelog page for testing because
> it's huge).

The documentation is still almost unusable for me. If I load a
tab to view any documentation (example link:
http://dlang.org/phobos/object.html#.RTInfo) it will literally
freeze Firefox (26, Nightly, happened with 25 and previous
versions as well) completely for 10-20 seconds until it pops up
asking if I want to stop hyphenate.js because it's taking too
long. I had to block it with Adblock Plus for the documentation
to be actually feasible to use. And this is on a fairly high end
computer.