Something up with the forums?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 10 18:25:33 PDT 2013

On 11 August 2013 00:16, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 10, 2013 17:31:39 Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> >
>> > It looks to be the reverse for that sample thread: My response to Iain was
>> > posted from Thunderbird. (I don't use the forum interface.)
>> >
>> > Ali
>>
>> My client just so happens to be gmail.  I seem to receive all posts
>> from everyone... looks like Ali won't receive this message, and I
>> don't expect this message to show on the forum interface either...
>
> gmail never sends you your own responses. Google is "helpful" and filters out
> the messages that you send to a mailing list when they get sent back to you.
> That's actually the #1 reason why I stopped using gmail. So, if you're using
> gmail, that could add to the confusion.

You know, I've never had that problem... and it's not *me* who's
getting the confusion.  It's the fact that I *send* messages to, and
*receive* responses from people who are using mail clients.  But via
the web interface, no one could see this activity, which if you are
some of the few that only use the web interface to communicate, you
miss out in this way.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';