Have Win DMD use gmake instead of a separate DMMake makefile?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Aug 11 08:51:02 PDT 2013

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 09:26:11 +0100
Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-08-10 at 14:27 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> […]
> > is discovering and dealing with all the fun little differences
> > between the posix and win32 makefiles (and now we have some win64
> > makefiles as well).
> […]
>
> Isn't this sort of problem solved by using SCons, Waf or (if you
> really have to) CMake?

One of the problems, yea.

In this case, I think anything involving a full-fledged programming
language other than D is going to be, at the very least, controversial.

Even though I've always avoided CMake since it relies on other
makes on the back end, it seems like (out of all the existing build
tools I'm aware of) it may be the most appropriate in DMD's case. I
think that's something to further look into.