Is D the Answer to the One vs. Two Language High ,Performance Computing Dilemma?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Aug 11 12:09:43 PDT 2013

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 20:43:17 +0200
"Tyler Jameson Little" <beatgammit at gmail.com> wrote:

> I really wish this was more popular:
> __________________
> |       |        |
> |   1   |   2    |
> |       |        |
> |----------------|
> |       |        |
> |   3   |   4    |
> |       |        |
> ___ page break ___
> |       |        |
> |   1   |   2    |
> |       |        |
> |----------------|
> |       |        |
> |   3   |   4    |
> |       |        |

> This allows a multi-column layout with less scrolling.

Yea, that's another thing that would help.

> Why can't we get the same for academic papers? They're even
> simpler because each section can be forced to be the same size.

I keep getting more and more convinced that it's just comes back down
to the usual old problem of glacial bureaucratic-like nature of
academia. I truly believe the academic world is beginning to sink under
the weight of its own outdated traditions. This is just one symptom of
that, just like all the ways the MPAA/RIAA struggled against the
societal changes they wanted to pretend weren't really occurring.