Is D the Answer to the One vs. Two Language High ,Performance Computing Dilemma?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Aug 11 16:45:40 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 11 August 2013 at 23:37:28 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> That's an odd thing to say seeing as a lot of CS academic
> research is ten years ahead of the industry.

I would personally venture to say that the publication practises
of academia in general and CS in particular have many destructive
and damaging aspects, and that industry-academia gap might be
narrowed quite a bit if these were addressed.