Is D the Answer to the One vs. Two Language High ,Performance Computing Dilemma?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Aug 11 16:47:09 PDT 2013

> Clearly PDF and other fixed-format products are targeted at putting ink on
> paper, and that's going the way of the dinosaur. At the same time, the
> publishing industry is very much in turmoil for the time being and only future
> will tell what the right replacement is.

Currently ereaders are great for reading novels and such with little typography
needs. But they're terrible for textbooks and reference material, mainly because
the screen is both low res and is way too small.

It's like programming with an 80*24 display (I can't believe I was able to use
them!).

(I was eagerly looking at the Surface tablet when it came out, but what killed
it for me was the low res display. I want to read books on a tablet, and a low
res display doesn't do that very well.)

I'd like an ereader that has a full 8.5*11 display.