UFCS for templates

eles eles at eles.com
Mon Aug 12 05:07:25 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 10 August 2013 at 18:28:34 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Friday, August 09, 2013 05:29:05 JS wrote:
>> On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 00:57:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> > On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 00:34:31 UTC, JS wrote:
>> Um, not really..
> [snip]
>
> Actually, that is how it works. If you want a change made to
> the language, you

That's the wrong POV, sorry about that. He/She does not want a
change to be made in the language, at least not for one's own
good, but for the language's own good.

It is not a contest about which changes are better documented.
Besides, a better documented change is not necessarily the best
one. Better documentation helps, but it is not necessarily the
burden of the first one to say it to do it.

It is the burden of whoever feels like. Not feeling like is OK.
Bashing other for not feeling like is KO. This is not a sect.

OTOH, if one's think that such proposed change is not worthy, he
could assume the role of writing a DIP on why such thing is
undesirable to have it in the language.

The question to ask oneself/others is not "You want a change made
to the language?", but "What pro/con reasons I could give for
this change? What manner this change, if implemented, would
impact the language? And that impact would be for the better or
for the worse?".

Yes, I agree, not all stones thrown in here are bricks. But some
are grains of sands of which such bricks are made.