GtkD

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Aug 12 06:51:40 PDT 2013

Mike,

Thanks for picking up on this and helping out. Much appreciated.

On Sun, 2013-08-11 at 15:26 +0200, Mike Wey wrote:
[…]
> Unfortunately that doesn't make it obvious. Could you check the exact
> name of the ModuleInfo in the library?
>
> nm --defined-only libgtkd-2.a | grep ModuleInfo | grep gobject | grep gtkc

I took a different tack and so these investigations are no longer
possible. Sorry.

[…]
> When the GtkD library is compiled with gdc the .pc file will contain the
> appropriate flags for gdc.

Sponditious. But it does mean they need to be stored in a place that is
GDC compiler specific.

[…]
> The different compilers aren't binary compatible so you will need to use
> the same compiler to build the lib and the application.

OK, I took this as impetus to delete the old installation as being
unsound and start again.  I built a LDC (ldc2) version and put the
install in an LDC specific location so I can also do GDC and DMD
installs. This version worked entirely fine.

Thus the problem must have been an incomplete or improper build
originally.

Sorry for the noise. However it has been helpful as I know know more
about GtkD :-)

Sadly, QtD would be more generally useful since Qt is easier to install
on OS X and Windows than Gtk and I need to be cross-platform.

> for linking its usually best to also use the compiler, using ld directly
> is an option but you'll then need to add the flags and libraries the
> compiler adds to the command yourself.

Now I just need to amend the SCons D tool to take all the source code in
at once rather than generate individual .o files…

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk