Is D the Answer to the One vs. Two Language High ,Performance Computing Dilemma?

eles eles at eles.com
Mon Aug 12 07:31:59 PDT 2013

On Monday, 12 August 2013 at 11:45:31 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
>> On 8/11/13 4:45 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>>> On Sunday, 11 August 2013 at 23:37:28 UTC, Andrei
>>> Alexandrescu wrote:
> First, it means people write to the submission deadline rather
> than to their
> work having reached a satisfactory point of readiness.  All

As a (former) Academia person, I could only concur.

  From this point of view, this "publish or perish" mantra is a bad
one. Believe it or not, but, to date, the most serious school
about that is the Russian school. AFAICT, those guys (at least
those that I encountered), they are really doing some work,
*then* looking for a conference to publish their results.

For many others (of us), it is exactly the opposite: "OMG, the
deadline for that conference in Podung is approaching so fast!
what should I gather from my (unfinished) work to come up with a
paper?"

Let's not even discuss about: "why writing a single paper, when I
could split my work in two or three papers, just to have better
impact factor?" ;)