Is D the Answer to the One vs. Two Language High ,Performance Computing Dilemma?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Aug 12 09:27:52 PDT 2013

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:50:19 +0200
"Wyatt" <wyatt.epp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 11 August 2013 at 17:20:37 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > rare few who have a monitor that swivels vertically or some
>
> Once you go vertical, you never go back!
>
> No, really, considering how much nicer it is for _every kind of
> documentation_ (and most code), it's sad that this standard
> feature of good Dell monitors for at least five years is rare.
>
> -Wyatt

Yea. (And for vertical sh'mups!) That's also the reason 4:3 monitors
would have to be pryed from my cold dead hands. 16:9 is fine for videos
and games, but my computer isn't a glorified TV (as the manufacturers
apparently insist on pretending). For non-TV uses of a computer (ie,
the whole freaking point) 16:9 is just absolutely awful. 5:4 is
tolerable, but even that's nearly impossible to find now. My
stupid laptop has a 16:9 built-in because I literally couldn't find
anything better. Normally I just have it connected to my 4:3 CRT.

What I've ended up doing is mounting my taskbar on the left side of the
screen instead of the bottom. The built-in 16:9 is downright unusable
otherwise. And I've found it's even an improvement on the 4:3, too.