Is D the Answer to the One vs. Two Language High ,Performance Computing Dilemma?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Aug 12 09:51:39 PDT 2013

On Monday, 12 August 2013 at 16:28:01 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Yea. (And for vertical sh'mups!) That's also the reason 4:3
> monitors
> would have to be pryed from my cold dead hands. 16:9 is fine
> for videos
> and games, but my computer isn't a glorified TV

It has bugged me too in laptop screens but I don't feel it is an
issue now for large desktop ones. Once monitor gets big enough so
that you start needing some sort of tiling to utilize the space,
exact shape does not matter that much anymore. Even typical 24"
is enough for 3 full-sized terminal windows side by side.

What is completely frustrating though, is horrible DPI on those
monitors. 1080p on 24" is a joke and it is a de-facto standard.